The International Elastomer Conference (IEC) is hosted every year by the Rubber Division of the American Chemical Society. It is the premier place where educators, customers, manufacturers and suppliers of materials, equipment, tools and services come together.
International Elastomer Conference due to be Held from October 10-13
This event is the one place, one time a year, where you find the best of the rubber industry all under one roof. It is an event where connections are made, knowledge is shared, new products, new technology and new ideas are introduced, business is conducted, developed and gained, fun is had, encouragement and empowerment happen, and the future is embraced. If you’ve never experienced it before, now is the time!
Components of IEC include:
Exhibiting at IEC is the best way to make your company known in this industry. If you’re interested in exhibiting, limited space is available, so secure yours soon. The expo features a wide variety of companies, such as equipment manufacturers, injection molders, extruders, custom mixers, processing equipment, hydraulic presses, vacuum molding, testing labs, distributors, suppliers, and many more in the industry.
The Technical Meeting is acclaimed for the quality of speakers and presentation content. Leading researchers and innovators in the rubber/elastomer industry will be sharing their expertise covering these session topics:
- Elastomers for Healthcare
- New Commercial Developments
- Elastomers for 3D Printing & Additive Manufacturing
- Material Technologies Driving Electric Vehicles (EV)
- Raw Materials Sustainability
- Elastomers in Infrastructure
- Elastomers for Energy Applications & Extreme Environments
- Vibration Isolation
- Wear Particles, Leachables & Toxicity
- New Techniques Measuring Rubber Processability
- Characterization of Elastomers & Raw Materials
- Aging & Degradation of Rubber
For Virtual Technical Meeting attendees, recordings of all Technical Meeting presentations will be available after the conference.
Take a deeper dive into some important industry topics through these courses:
- Rubber Explained
- Thermoplastic & Functional Elastomers
- Essentials of Rubber Technology
- Dynamic Viscoelastic Properties
- Essentials of Silicone Rubber
- Laboratory SafetyMixing & Testing for Compound Consistency
- Selecting the Right Elastomer for Your Sealing Application
- Scientific Rubber Molding
- Rubber Vulcanization & Curing Chemistry
The WORD (Women Of Rubber Division) program works to bring the women of the industry together. The focus of this event will be on the power of mindset. It will be led by two exceptional women – Leslie Ungar, President, Electric Impulse Communications and Tamsin Astor, PhD, Chief Habit Scientist, International Speaker & Author, approaching the topic from two different, amazing and interesting perspectives.
Opening Ceremony & Keynote Address, Networking Events, Student Programs, 5K Walk/Run, Chair’s Breakfast, 25-Year Club Luncheon, Career Fair & Awards Breakfast
There are so many opportunities to make connections, conduct business and have some fun through all that is offered at IEC!
The host city of Knoxville, Tennessee can’t be defined by just one thing. It’s a nature-loving-adventure-seeking-artsy-kinda-town…home to endless opportunities for outdoor adventure, rich history and an arts and culture scene that’s earned the title “The Maker City.” No matter how you experience this hidden gem of a city, you can be sure of one thing: Knoxville will surprise you. It will be a wonderful host of this year’s International Elastomer Conference.
Get all the details about IEC 2022 at rubberiec.org. You won’t want to miss this event!